The Westchester Baseball Academy's summer season came to a close this week with three straight wins, including an 11-1 win over the Yonkers Athletics with Harrison graduate Max Bruckner on the hill.
Andrew Waite went the distance and struck out seven batters in the first game, a 4-0 win over the Highlanders Academy. Matt DeGraw also went 3-for-4 with two RBIs and Stephen Knight went 3-for-3 with a run scored.
Stephen Schiavone led the way to a 3-1 win over Pleasantville in game two, tossing five innings and finishing with five strikeouts. Harrison's Brian Lobel closed the game, Neno Merritt smacked a two run double in the fourth inning.
Bruckner was the winning pitcher in the championship game, finishing out the six inning game on the mound as the Westchester Baseball Academy cruised to an 11-1 win over the Yonkers Athletics.
Ridge Dulitz went 2-for-2 in the victory.
Westchester Baseball Academy Roster:
- Andrew Waite, of Rye
- Ridge Dulitz, of Pawling
- Max Bruckner, of Harrison
- Eric Smiley, of White Plains
- Matthew Degraw, of Rye
- Luke Cappellano, of Rye
- Matthew Crowley, of Rye
- Stephen Schiavone, of White Plains
- Alex Gendelman, of Purchase
- Jake Meyerson, of Rye
- Chris Hart, of Darien
- Alex Beckett, of Harrison
- Julian Ponce, of Rye Brook
- Mitchell Leeds, of Rye
- Stephen Knight, of Rowayton
- Michael Forgione, of West Harrison
- Matthew Adlman, of White Plains
- Richard DeMarte, of White Plains
- Jeff Dempsey, of Rye
- Craig Rothenberg, of White Plains
- Tim Degraw, of Rye
- Brian Lobel, of Purchase