You don't have to tell Harrison football fans which team is on the schedule this week.
The biggest game of the year — Harrison vs. Rye — will kick-off at Rye's Nugent Stadium Stadium Saturday at 1:30 p.m. Rye students and alumni are already circulating plans to greet Harrison with a "blackout" of black clothes to create a home field advantage.
With Harrison favored to defeat the Garnets for the first time in nearly a decade, fans in Rye are joining together to cover their side with black. In a post on Rye Patch this week, fans said they hope Harrison's players will be "spooked and confused" by the amount of black in the stadium.
But Harrison fans are sure to be wearing plenty of familiar maroon and white on Saturday. Let us know how you plan to share your Husky passion on Saturday, and remember to show cooperation, respect and sportmanship during the big game.
A Letter From the Rye Athletic Department:
The Rye – Harrison varsity football game is hosted by Rye this year. The game begins at 1:30 p.m. at John Nugent Stadium. Please note the following details and requests:
- Pre-Game-Day ticket sales – this year tickets will be sold on Friday, 10/19 from 10:15 to 1:00 at the RHS cafeteria and from 5:30 – 9:00 p.m. outside the RHS gymnasium. These tickets are non-refundable.
- Game-Day tickets go on sale at 12:00 p.m. at the Bridge and at the Boston Post Road gates to the stadium.
- Ticket price: $5.00 for adults and children over 5 years of age; children under 5 years of age and Senior Citizens (age 65 and over) are admitted at no charge. If possible, please bring exact change to help speed up the lines!
- Children must be supervised at all times. Over 6,000 spectators are expected – everyone’s cooperation is requested in this matter.
- Vendors will be on hand selling Rye souvenirs and refreshments – NO COOLERS PERMITTED.
- The Rye High School campus is alcohol, drug, and smoke free.
- Parking is limited; if you can walk to the game or car-pool, it would be appreciated.
- Wear your Garnet and Black proudly!
Reminder (for this game and all athletic events):
- No signs or banners
- No coolers (refreshments for sale on site)
- No backpacks (all bags are subject to search)
- No horns, noisemakers, etc.
- No dogs
- No pick-up ball games on side fields. Footballs will be taken by security personnel and returned after the game.