Westchester County Police have arrested seven New York Medical College employees and charged them with swiping metal materials from the campus and selling them as scrap to a local recycling company.
The men, arrested Wednesday and Thursday, are facing charges of grand larceny in the third degree and criminal possession of stolen property in the third degree. Both counts are felonies; bail was set at $10,000 by Mount Pleasant Town Court.
Police said the arrest of a college employee could follow.
The thefts occurred at the Valhalla campus over the course of about four years and totalled around $37,000, authorities said. Among the items stolen were steel cages, copper wire and plumbing parts.
The arrests are the result of a police investigation and tips from college officials.
- Hans Krauter, 71, of Saxon Drive, Valhalla
- Markos Lyras, 36, of Harding Avenue, Bronx
- Luis Rodriguez, 28, of Depeyster Street, Sleepy Hollow
- John Cobb, 56, of Tanglewylde Road, Lake Peekskill
- Philip Carmosino, 46, of Mountain Top Road, Stormville
- John Coletti, 48, of Morgan Drive, Carmel
- Phillip Flemister, 49, of Main Street, Mohegan Lake