A boiler room fire in a Harrison home has displaced a mother and her young child.
The Harrison Fire Department responded to 9 Beaver Landing at about 9:25 a.m. Friday. A boiler in the home's basement had caught fire, spreading smoke throughout the house, said firefighter Ray Colasacco. It took about 20 minutes for firefighters to extinguish the small blaze.
The mother and child escaped unharmed.
Colasacco said there was minor damage to the boiler room and smoke damage throughout the two-story ranch home. The occupants of the home won't be able to return until the boiler is fixed or replaced, said Colasacco.
Firefighters cleared the scene by 10:15 a.m.