The Harrison Fire Department responded to a house fire at 57 Brown Place at approximately 11 p.m. Tuesday night.
Harrison Fire Chief Dino Del Signore said that the two-and-a-half story home is for sale and no one was home at the time of the fire. The likely cause of the blaze, he said, was electrical.
"Upon arrival we had heavy fire on the right side of the house from the bottom to the top and fire was coming out of the second floor and the roof," Del Signore explained.
One HFD firefighter was taken to White Plains Hospital for dehydration and heat exhaustion. He was released this morning. No other injuries were reported.
The fire took about 25 minutes to extinguish and firefighters left the scene about two hours later.
Del Signore said 15 to 16 HPD firefighters were on the scene. They were assisted by Harrison EMS and the Village and Town of Mamaroneck Fire Departments with the Rye Fire Department standing by as backup.