Stew Leonard’s Wines of Yonkers will offer a Grand Tasting of more than 50 wines on Saturday, September 15, 2012 from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. The wines, which will be set up throughout stations around the store, will be sampled the public to taste free of charge.
Wines from around the world will be offered that day, including everyday values as well as to luxury items. Many of the wines which will be included in the Grand Tasting are ones that are not commonly featured during in-store tastings, such as:
- Stag’s Leap Artemis Cabernet ($39.99)
- Villadoria Barolo ($24.99 - 92 points Wine Spectator)
- Domaine Serene Pinot Noir Evenstad ($59.99 - 91 points Wine Advocate)
- Alfred Gratien NV Brut Champagne ($36.99)
Stew Leonard’s award-winning chefs have additionally put together a menu of appetizers to accompany the wine selections:
- Cheese Board with Fig & Plum Jam and Assorted Cheeses
- Smoked Salmon Poke
- Vietnamese Summer Rolls
- Bacon Bourbon Brownies with Pecans
Stew Leonard’s Wines specialists will be on hand at the event to answer questions about the wines as well as make recommendations to customers.