Volunteer at the Harrison Public Library as a conversation group leader for non-native English speakers. Volunteers should have an interest in meeting people from other cultures, and the ability to engage people in a pleasant, welcoming and encouraging manner.
- Strong commitment to helping people.
- A friendly and approachable manner.
- Ability to get along with a diverse group of people.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Second language is a plus.
Volunteers are asked to make a minimum commitment of one to two hours per week, for a period of at least six months.
No prior experience necessary - guidelines will be provided.
If you would like to volunteer, please contact Galina Chernykh, Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.