- A wake is scheduled today for Arthur Troilo Sr., a former athletic star and administrator at Harrison High School, inside the Coxe & Graziano Funeral Home, located at 767 East Boston Post Rd. Troilo was a Navy Veteran and served as athletic director for Harrison High School for more than 35 years. He was also a teacher, coach and administrator. Visitation will last from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. A copy of is obituary can be found here.
- Congregation Kol Ami, located at 252 Soundview Ave. in White Plains, is hosting a Rosh Hashanah Family Service today from 3:15 p.m. to 4 p.m. A community Tashlich is scheduled 5:45 p.m. at the entrance of the Burke Memorial Hospital. The hospital is located at 785 Mamaroneck Ave. Go here for more information.
- The Burke Rehabilitation Hospital in White Plains is hosting an adaptive sports and fitness seminar today at 5 p.m. on its main campus, located at 785 Mamaroneck Avenue in White Plains.The event will include representatives from Burke, Achilles International, NSCIA, and the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Dinner is included. Pre-registration is required. For more information or to register, please contact Alexandra Oudheusden, Director of Therapeutic Recreation at 914-597-2248 or by email email@example.com.
- Thursday's skies will be partly cloudy, with temperatures in the low- to mid-70s, according to the National Weather Service. There is a 20-percent chance of rain.
- WESPAC is hosting an emergency mobilization against military action in Syria Friday at 5 p.m. The group will meet at the Plaza Fountain in White Plains, located at the intersection of Main Street and Mamaroneck Avenue, and then march to U.S. Rep Nita Lowey’s office in White Plains. The group will then head to the Federal Courthouse before returning to the fountain for a 24 hour encampment. Go here to sign up.