- Tuesday will be mostly sunny, with highs in the mid-60s and no rain, according to the National Weather Service.
- Midday Lane Closures begin on the Bronx River Parkway today. Motorists are advised that there will be limited access to northbound Bronx River Parkway from the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers to the Westchester County Center (Exit 22) in White Plains continuing through Friday, September 20 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Go here for full details.
- The Harrison Public Library is hosting Lego Hour today at 3:30 a.m. All ages are welcome to come and play with the library's collection. The Harrison Public Library is located at 2 Bruce Ave. in Harrison
- Purchase College is hosting “Wolf, Wolf? Hurricane Sandy, Weather Forecasting and Global Climate Change,” at 7 p.m.Tuesday in Room 1001 of its Natural Sciences Building. Lecturer Joel Tenenbaum, research professor of meteorology and scientific computing at the college, will focus on how to get the public to take hurricane warnings issued by weather forecasters seriously and realize how global climate change will impact the way we look at hurricane threats. Purchase College is located at 735 Anderson Hill Rd. in Purchase.
- In recognition of White Plains Wellness Week, Burke Rehabilitation Hospital will be sponsoring a free brain health presentation today at 12:30 p.m. Mark Herceg, Ph.D., director of Rehabilitation Psychology and Neuropsychology at Burke, will present an informative session on the importance of keeping sharp and things that can be done to support brain health. The conference will be held in the Patient Dining Room of the Wood Building (bldg 7) on Burke's main campus, 785 Mamaroneck Ave. in White Plains. This event is free of charge and open to the public. Refreshments will be served. A list of other activities planned for White Plains Wellness Week can be found here.