- Artist Jules de Balincourt will give a talk Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. as part of the Visiting Artist Lecture Series being conducted this fall by Purchase College, SUNY’s School of Art+Design in the college’s Visual Arts Building, Room 1016. She is known for his abstract and figurative paintings of utopian, dystopian and marginalized communities as well as American politics. The college is located at 735 Anderson Hill Rd, in Purchase.
- The Harrison Library is hosting a Medicare informational seminar Wednesday at 7 p.m. Dennis Barlotta from the Westchester Benefit Group will cover topics such as Medicare Part A Hospital Coverage; Medicare Part C Medicare Advantage Plans; and Medicare Part D Medicare Prescription Drug Plans. The event is free and open to the public. The Harrison Public Library is located at 2 Bruce Ave.
- The Fitness Center at Burke is offering free fitness classes Wednesday as part of White Plains Wellness Week. The Zumba Gold class begins at 8 a.m., the Silver Sneakers Range of Motion Class starts at 9 a.m., the Zumba Gold Chair Class at 10 a.m., Therapeutic Tai Chi at 11 a.m., and the Slow-Flow Gentle Yoga class starts at 5:15 p.m. For more information about any of the class or about Wellness Week, please contact the Fitness Center at Burke at (914) 597-2805. The Fitness Center is located on the main campus of Burke Rehabilitation Center at 785 Mamaroneck Ave. in White Plains.
- The Microsoft Store, located at 125 Westchester Ave in White Plains, is hosting seminar for business owners Wednesday from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on "Computing in the Cloud." Robert Cioffi, Managing Partner of Progressive Computing (PCI), will give a presentation and take people throughout the pros and cons of using the cloud and give tips on using the right vendor. The program will include a question and answer period. Light refreshments will be served. There is no cost to attend, but pre-registration for each seminar is required, and attendance is limited. For more information, or to register, call (914)631-7001 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Register online by clicking here.
- Join Habitat for Humanity of Westchester Wednesday evening for a fundraising and networking event Butterfield in White Plains. The event, which costs $25 to enter, features an open bar. Proceeds from the mixer will be used to help Habitat for Humanity continue providing affordable housing and its ongoing Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
- SCORE Westchester is hosting a workshop Wednesday at the White Plains Library with four leading business experts who will present unique points of view on sales growth, financial control, business asset protection, and employee retention. The workshop will take place from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Register here. The White Plains Library is located 100 Martine Ave.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something