- There is chance for rain showers before 7 a.m. today, then isolated showers after 4 p.m., according to the National Weather Service. It is expected to be mostly cloudy, before gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 84.
- The West Harrison Library will host train time this morning from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Patrons of all ages are invited to play with the library's new trains. The West Harrison branch is located at 2 Madison St.
- orkshop at 7 p.m. today to help parents identify visual difficulties that could be hampering their child's learning experience. The workshop will be held in Central Eyes Optical, located at 161 S. Central Park Ave. in Hartsdale. Check here for more details.
- The New Westchester Symphony Orchestra invites local musicians to a complimentary rehearsal at 7:30 p.m. today, inside the Music Conservatory of Westchester, located at 216 Central Ave. in White Plains. The first audition for the amateur community orchestra is free. Email email@example.com to RSVP to a rehearsal and go to www.newsymphony.org for additional information about the orchestra.
- A White Plains Family avoided major injury Monday after alarge steel beam fell off a truck on the northbound Hutchinson River Parkway at Exit 30 and nearly crushed their car. The beam was knocked off a tractor-trailer whose load was too large to make the bridge clearing.